Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Black Cat/Black Dog Syndrome




Ever heard of Black Cat or Black Dog Syndrome? It's not made up. Black cats and black dogs are the last to be adopted in shelters and rescues. I work at Wayside Waifs and I see it for myself.

How many of you have a black cat or black dog? I have a wonderful nearly 6 yr old Black cat. Some of you may have seen her modeling in my shop. Her name is Bailey. She is a terrific lap cat, and is fairly quiet, unless it is dinner time. I have several favourite cats at the shelter, and a lot of them are black cats. They deserve a forever home too, and they are just as loveable as any other coloured cat. Same goes for the dogs. So, give them a chance.

Please take a few minutes to check out this site, and the video on it, it's worth it.

Black Dog Syndrome

Also, if you live in or near Missouri, Wayside Waifs is holding their adopt-a-thon this weekend, so be sure to come by and ask to see the black cats and the black dogs, ok?

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. I have a rescue dog too - and I've heard that about the black ones also.
    I wish you much luck with your Adopt-A-Thon.
    May all the black cats and dogs be the first to be chosen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special prayers for the two oldies to find a home - Brownie and Sue. xx
    My girl was 8 when I adopted her, I'm hoping someone by you can see past their age to the love these two could give.
    Will you update after the adoption drive, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat - I will definitely post updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Global Animal Blogging Event"
    *******************************

    Come Join In On The FUN !!!


    Linda & OREO
    ________woof woof

    GREAT POST ... I hope all the Black
    coats will find new homes soon !!!

    ReplyDelete