Thursday, June 3, 2010

What Do Your Pets Do For You?

Today was a bit of a frustrating day for me. My sewing machine is pretty old. It was given to me by my Father-in-Law, and it had belonged to his Grandmother, to give you an idea. It works. I consider myself a beginner when it comes to sewing, but I'm getting the hang of it. Practice makes perfect, right? Well, this morning, I spent an hour just winding thread onto the bobbin. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? I was very frustrated and about to give up on my project (just for the day), when my wonderful dog, Sushi, a Shiba Inu, came upstairs and then sat down right in front of me, obviously wanting attention. I understand how Sushi thinks, after nearly 7 years. I've been told we are mirror images of each other. And, yes, I believe Sushi came upstairs to get attention in order for me to take a break. Petting animals can lower blood pressure, it's been reported. Sushi is a smart dog, and after I spent some time fussing over him, I continued with my project...which took all of 5 minutes to sew.

So, what do your pets do for you?

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Having a pet keeps me sociable and fit. I truly do walk my dog every day, two or three times a day - that's vital for her well being. But lots of times we are stopped on our walks by people who want to talk dog. I have come to know nearly all the people in my village, through my dog. Fellowship - priceless! I am lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete